Hello everyone. Chris here. It is two years since my last blog.
I made Bang Bang Chicken the other day. It was:
- Diet friendly
- Ludicrously easy
You should make it too. Here is how:
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
A chicken breast
2 handfuls sugarsnap peas
1 red chilli
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil (or other oil)
50g honey roast peanuts (these are generally expensive, so get them from Aldi, where they are 85p)
- Boil a pan of water, add salt, and add the chicken. Poach for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Peel the carrots.
- Use the peeler to thinly slice the carrot and courgette. Add them to a lasagne dish. Mix them up a bit to look nice.
- You can use a spiraliser for that if you are posh. But that is just gilding the lily.
- Thinly cut the sugarsnaps on a 45 degree angle (like Masterchef) and scatter on top.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken (like pulled pork, or like when they do duck in a Chinese restaurant) – then scatter this on top too.
- Mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, chilli sauce, lime juice and sesame oil.
- Dollop it on top of the chicken/veg mix.
- Finely chop the chilli and scatter this on top.
- Bash the peanuts in a bag but don’t totally pulverise them. You’re looking for chunky, not dust.
- Scatter these on top too.
- Reflect upon how easy and quick it was.
- Eat it up. (Optional: serve with prawn crackers you have picked up from the Chinese takeaway on the way home.)