This is a fab idea- I love crabsticks and they’re cheap! Going to try it for a picnic lunch
- 450g crabsticks
- ½ cucumber, shredded
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Salad leaves, to garnish
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce), optional
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Put the crab sticks in a bowl with the cucumber, spring onions and peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together until thoroughly blended and the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the crab stick mixture and toss lightly.
- Arrange the dressed crab stick mixture on a plate and garnish with the salad leaves of your choice.