Good meal for those dieting- and great to share with the kids. (Not yet tried, courtesy of slimming world)
- 350g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsps fat-free natural yogurt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 350g cooked leftover salmon, flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash the potatoes. Beat in the yogurt, cayenne pepper, herbs and seasoning.
- Gently mix the chopped onion and flaked salmon into the potato mixture. Add a little of the beaten egg, just enough to bind the mixture together. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and shape each one into a ball, then flatten with your hand into a flat cake. Dust the fish cakes lightly with flour.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Cook the fish cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden. Serve immediately.