A slightly lighter version of what I normally make, ideal with chips!
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp hot or medium curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 60ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp artificial sweetener
- 60g fat-free natural yogurt (optional)
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Chop the onions and crush the garlic. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes before adding the curry powder.
- Stir for a further 1-2 minutes and then add the tomatoes and stock. Stir in the sweetener, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the frying pan, reheat gently then remove from the heat, stir in the yogurt (optional), coriander and mint.