Made these for Friday night snacks with friends. Fab idea!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 175g potato, cooked & chopped
- 225g canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp dried Bombay mixed spice
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Salt & ground black pepper
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 115g fat-free natural yogurt
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- To make the raita place the cucumber in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes. Dry well and transfer into a bowl. Stir in the yogurt and spring onions and chill until ready to serve.
- To make the bhajis spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl, add the potato and chick peas and mash together. Stir in the remaining ingredients and form into small balls.
- Arrange the bhajis on a baking tray that has been sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas Mark 7 for approximately 15 minutes until golden. Serve immediately with the cucumber raita.