- 4 British turkey breast steaks
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 115ml chicken stock
- 400g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 level tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 200g mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- A large green salad, to serve
- Put each British turkey breast steak between 2 sheets of cling film, flatten with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm thick and then remove the cling film.
- Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the British turkey steaks, 1 or 2 at a time if necessary, and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the pan, transfer to a large grill rack, cover and keep warm until needed.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until reduced. Stir in the vine tomatoes, peppers, tomato purée, oregano and chilli flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the British turkey breasts and then top with mozzarella slices. Season, then grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and basil leaves and serve with a large green salad.