I have to try this!!!
- 2½ cm piece fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 200g cooked peeled prawns
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread from an 800g medium sized loaf
- 2 level tbsp sesame seeds
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Prepare the ingredients: peel and grate the ginger, peel and finely chop the garlic and whisk the egg until light and frothy.
- Place the prawns, ginger and garlic in a food processor and whizz until finely minced. Stir in the egg, cornflour, Chinese five-spice powder and salt and mix well.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and spread the mixture on top. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and press them firmly into the bread with your fingers. Cut each slice into four triangles.
- Heat some low calorie cooking spray in a pan. Add the bread, prawn side down, and cook for 2 minutes until golden, then turn over and cook on the other side. Serve immediately.