Another one I think will be good for a family meal
- 225g fresh crab meat
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 225g cooked or canned sweetcorn
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- Low calorie cooking spray
- lime wedges, salad leaves and red onion, to serve
- Mix the crab meat, green pepper, sweetcorn and chilli in a bowl. Add the paprika and salt.
- Beat the egg with the flour and milk to make a thick, smooth batter. Set aside for 15 minutes and then stir in the crab and sweetcorn mixture.
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. When hot, drop a few spoonfuls of the crab and sweetcorn mixture into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until crisp and golden brown. Remove and keep warm while you cook the remaining crispbakes in the same way.
- Serve hot garnished with lime wedges, salad leaves and some chopped or sliced red onion