- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 60ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 50g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped mint
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the curry powder and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and sweetener and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor and blend until smooth. Return to the pan, add the fromage frais, coriander and mint and gently heat through before serving (do not boil or the fromage frais will curdle).