I really must try this!
- 1 large cauliflower head, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Handful of baby spinach
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 slices of ham, sliced
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5 180°C/160 fan.
- Whizz the cauliflower in a food processor until very fine, then tip it into a microwavable bowl, cover with clingfilm and cook for 5 minutes. Add the two beaten eggs, seasoning and oregano. The mixture should be quite wet.
- Line a large baking tray with nonstick baking paper, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and put the cauliflower mixture on the tray − use the tips of your fingers or a spoon to shape it. Bake for 15 minutes on the middle shelf then move to the top shelf for another 10 minutes, after which the base should have solidified and have gone golden.
- Remove from the oven and with a palette knife release from the paper. Flip over and cook again for another 10 minutes. When both sides are golden, remove from the oven and spread them with tomato purée and then top with the ham and vegetables.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately in slices.