0 syns! Yum yum!
- 700g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 500ml carton passata
- ¼ tsp artificial sweetener
- Fat-free natural yogurt
- Chilli powder
- Mint leaves
- Place the beef mince in a mixing bowl along with the ginger, garlic, fennel, cinnamon and chilli powder. Season and, using your hands, mix thoroughly until well combined. From the mixture into small, walnut-sized balls and set aside.
- Place the tumeric, curry powder, passata and sweetener in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, season well and carefully place the meatballs in the sauce. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally, until they are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve drizzled with fat-free natural yogurt, sprinkled with a pinch of chilli powder and garnished with fresh mint leaves.