170ml whole milk
105ml skimmed milk
What to do
1. Flour and salt into a bowl, big enough to work in.
2. Make a well and crack the eggs in. Mix in with a fork.
3. Mix the milks up. I use these milks because it’s what we have in, but some semi-skimmed would be okay, or whole milk and water. Or anything. Mix it into the flour/egg bit by bit until it is well combined.
5. Melt the butter. Mix it into the batter!
6. Heat a pan – medium heat. Put a few sprays of spray oil for coverage and a knob of butter for flavour. Add a ladle of batter. Don’t rush it. When it starts to bubble a bit, shake the pan to dislodge it. Use a spatula if you need to tease it away from the edge.
7. YOU HAVE TO TOSS IT OR THERE IS NO POINT TO HAVING THEM. PICKING 6-7 FROM THE FLOOR IS THE PRICE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR GREATNESS.
8. Cook the other side. Serve and eat.
My favourite toppings – sweet
Orange juice and sugar
Lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar
Banana and toffee sauce
My favourite toppings – savoury
Ham and cheese
Pesto, goats cheese and toasted pine nuts
Minced beef, carrots and mushrooms in gravy
Pulled pork and barbecue sauce