This is another one that I mainly made to try and get the baby to eat lamb which I don’t really like! Definitely going into the permanent collection, it’s so tasty! Also it doesn’t taste much of lamb so ideal, and doesn’t include mashed potato, which I’m always a bit wary of after being banned from eating it during my brief phase as a (pregnant) diabetic! Baby did like this, yet I haven’t made it since!
500g lamb mince
2 tbsp garam masala
200ml stock (from a stock cube, don’t be silly!…)
200g frozen peas
1 tsp turmeric
coriander (should be a small bunch of fresh, but I used dried as I forgot to buy any!)
juice of half a lemon (I did use this, but next time will probably come from a bottle as I often don’t have lemons in!)
1. Cook the lamb, onion and carrots for about 8 mins then add garam masala and cook for 2 mins more
2. Add stock and peas and bring to the boil, cook until most of liquid has gone or it will be really sloppy!)
3. Dice potatoes and cook for about 8 mins (I didn’t use to salt these because of Samantha but recently decided that now she’s 2 it’s fine)
4. Drain potatoes and stir in turmeric and coriander. Don’t break them up too much
5. Put mince in a lasagne dish and top with the potatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over the lot.
6. Cook for 30 mins approx
This reckons to make 6 portions at 317 calories a portion, so you could have it between 4 and it wouldn’t be too bad, or add some side dishes. Nice and cheap with it using mince, and even cheaper if you use beef mince! Try this, it’s delicious!!!